FAQ and T&C
It is important to the Edinburgh Remakery that everyone who buys our products has a good experience and remains a satisfied customer.
We receive donations of second-hand electronics from the general public, companies and other charities, and successfully repair and refurbish 80% of the items we receive, selling these on at affordable prices here as well as gifting a proportion to vulnerable groups, other charities and social enterprises to help those in need.
You can purchase items online here or pop into our shop in Newkirkgate Shopping Centre for a closer look and to discuss your needs with our tech team.
The Edinburgh Remakery’s philosophy is to promote repair, and to this end we will strive to repair faulty goods before offering a replacement.
It is important that our customers are fully satisfied with their purchases. As such we are proud to offer the following return, repair and/or refund options:
– An item in complete working order may be returned at the customer’s discretion for a full refund within 30 days of purchase, provided it is returned in the same condition in which it was purchased and is accompanied by a receipt.
– As repair is our philosophy, the Remakery will always offer to repair or replace any item that is faulty or not fit for purpose. Alternatively, any item that is deemed to be faulty or not fit for purpose may be returned to the Remakery with a receipt of purchase for a full refund.
– Any item returned to the Remakery without a receipt of purchase may be repaired or exchanged at the Manager’s discretion.
– Refunds on delivery will only be offered if the item received was faulty or not fit for purpose. The faulty item will also be collected at no cost.
Warranties for Computers and IT Hardware
All of our computers are fully refurbished by experienced technicians and are sold with a minimum 12-month warranty, which covers all mechanical faults. We also offer a free computer check-up for up to three months from the date of purchase.
The warranty does NOT cover:
– Software issues
– Damage due to wear and tear
– Damage from poor maintenance, eg not using free check-up, failing to keep equipment clean, etc
– Accidents or tampering
– Battery issues
In all cases where fault is covered by the warranty, we will make every effort to fix the problem. Where this is not possible, we will offer a replacement item to a similar specification. For returns and refunds, see above.
We are using a Grading system to describe the condition of each item:
Excellent: Units are like new, with little to no wear and functionally run as new devices do.
Very Good: Very Good condition units will have some small signs of wear. There may be a scratch or a chip in the body somewhere which could not be filled or buffed out. There will, occasionally, be units with small screen blemishes (like white spots) which are only visible on certain colour backgrounds or minor marks that are only visible when screen is off.
Good: There will be visible signs of wear on the body of the unit. Sometimes there are screen blemishes that will be qualified in the description along with the existing cosmetic issues on the chassis. These items won’t be the best looking, but as with all grades they are still fully functional and backed by our warranty.
Cost of Delivery and Collection:
– Items purchased through our online shop are offered free Next Day Delivery anywhere in the UK
– Items can also be collected direct from the Edinburgh Remakery for free, during opening hours
– Those shopping from outside of the UK can buy from us through our eBay store. We are part of eBay's Global Shipping programme where the tax and shipping is calculated per item.