Workshops Terms & Conditions
- All workshops begin promptly at their start time so please ensure that you arrive as close to this as possible to avoid delaying the class. Access to the Edinburgh Remakery is available 10 minutes before the start time for those who arrive a bit early.
- Workshops taking place from 29th June onwards will be held at our new premises at 13A Newkirkgate Shopping Centre, Edinburgh EH6 6AD
- For longer workshops of 4+ hours, there will be a 30-minute break. Please bring along your own lunch for longer workshops or there are local shops, cafes and restaurants throughout the centre. Tea, coffee and water will be available before the start of the workshop and during breaks.
- If you are feeling unwell for any reason then please do not attend the workshop. Many of our workshops involve physical activity of some kind and working near to other people. If you need to cancel then please call us on 07708477136 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions
Health and Safety
A brief explanation of our Health and Safety will be given at the start of each workshop so please ensure you arrive promptly at the start time.
If you have any medical conditions which may affect your ability to carry out certain tasks within the workshop, then we advise that you seek guidance from your GP prior to booking and please advise us in advance of the workshop by emailing us at email@example.com.
Participant safety is paramount to us at the Edinburgh Remakery and we work hard to ensure that all healthy and safety procedures and security measures are in place. The Edinburgh Remakery holds no responsibility for accidents or mishaps that occur as a result of participant negligence or misuse of tools and equipment, or incidents that are beyond our control.
The Edinburgh Remakery staff reserve the right to refuse participation to anyone who they deem to be dressed inappropriately or unsafely for the workshop, or anyone whose behaviour they deem inappropriate.
Participants are responsible for their own personal property whilst at The Edinburgh Remakery premises. Please do not bring anything of value with you. The Edinburgh Remakery will not accept responsibility for damage caused to, or loss of, a participant’s property.
Workshop Cancellations, Changes, and Refunds
- Workshops booked after 5th June 2023 are non-refundable.
- If you are no longer able to attend your booked workshop, we may be able to offer you a place on an equivalent course or workshop if we are notified up to five working days before the course or workshop start date, and if there is availability.
- In the event that a workshop is cancelled, we will offer you the choice to transfer your space to the next available date for the workshop booked, a space on a different workshop (please note that if selecting a workshop on a higher price, the difference would need to be paid) or offer you a full refund. We will endeavour to inform you of cancellations at least three days before the event, where possible.
Sewing Machine Hire Terms & Conditions
The Period of Hire:
- The period of hire begins when the hirer collects the equipment and finishes when the equipment is returned.
- Collections are available Wednesdays-Saturdays only.
- The hirer will check on taking possession of the machine that it is in good working order and in undamaged condition. Any damage must be reported immediately to the Edinburgh Remakery.
- All equipment on hire remains the property of Edinburgh Remakery.
- The hirer shall have no authority to transfer or otherwise part with possession of the equipment during the period of hire.
Damage to or Loss of Equipment Hired:
- It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure the safe keeping of equipment.
- All damage must be notified immediately (or as soon as practicable) following which the goods must be returned to Edinburgh Remakery for repair. The hirer should not attempt to repair the machine themselves.
- In the case of negligent or wilful damage or loss of equipment the hirer shall be liable to pay the full cost of repair and / or replacement. This does not include accidental damage / wear and tear that occurs in the usual course of operating the machine or replacement needles.
- Edinburgh Remakery will take all steps to ensure that faulty equipment is replaced as soon as possible with either the same or similar equipment.
- Please read the instruction manual prior to using the machines, which will be provided with your machine. The Edinburgh Remakery cannot accept liability for any injury caused to the user or others in relation to misuse of sewing machines
- During the Rental agreement the hirer will pay the rental fee as specified in the Rental Agreement.
- Edinburgh Remakery reserves the right to charge for any late returned equipment.
Gift Vouchers Terms & Conditions
- After successful checkout a discount code will be emailed to the provided email address. You can choose to send this to yourself or as a gift for someone else, and include your own personal message and time and date of delivery.
- Gift vouchers are redeemable against all Edinburgh Remakery services, all items for sale in store and through our website.
- Gift vouchers have no expiry date so you can use them whenever you like
- Gift vouchers can be used in store and through the Edinburgh Remakery website only and cannot be exchanged for cash
- No change will be given but the remaining balance can be applied to future purchases
- Gift vouchers cannot be returned or refunded, except in accordance with your legal rights
- The Edinburgh Remakery reserves the right to refuse Gift Vouchers which it suspects have been tampered with, duplicated, damaged or otherwise suspect to be affected from fraud.
Items Donation FAQ's
Can you guarantee that you will accept my donation?
The Edinburgh Remakery reserves the right to refuse donations on grounds of suitability for the purpose of its business operations. There are some things that we are, unfortunately, unable to accept. Please visit our 'Donate items' page for a full list of acceptable items.
I’m not able to get to the Edinburgh Remakery, can you collect donations?
We are only occasionally able to collect electronics donations so please contact us with details of your donation and your location and we will get back to you to confirm if this is possible – firstname.lastname@example.org
My laptop/phone has personal data on it. Will this be removed before it is given to a project or sold on?
We use a US Government Department of Defence approved algorithm to securely wipe any data from donated equipment – using the 5220.22-M (3 pass) protocol. This is 99.999% secure and ensures all data is destroyed and is non-retrievable. If you are concerned about your personal data then we are able to issue a ‘Secure Data Wipe Certificate’ on request.
Can I bring in a donation outside of your opening hours?
We are unable to take donations outside of our opening hours, which are Wednesday - Saturday 11am-3pm. We do not accept donations outside these times. We ask that you please do not leave donations outside our premises when we are closed as we are not able to accept these due to security reasons.
My laptop is old / missing parts / has no battery / is not working – can you still accept it?
If your laptop is Vista or newer then we can source spare parts in order to refurbish it. If it is in very bad condition or older than this, please email the make and model and a photo if possible to email@example.com and we will let you know if we’re able to accept it.
Tech Repair Terms & Conditions
Workbench Hire Terms & Conditions
Whole Space Hire Terms & Conditions