The Edinburgh Remakery is an award-winning environmental social enterprise committed to diverting waste from landfill, building a stronger community, and promoting a culture of repair and reuse. We repair, refurbish and recycle what others send to landfill, and we pass these repair skills onto others within the Edinburgh community through education. We are small but have a wide impact; in 2018 alone we diverted 60 tonnes from landfill and educated over 1,400 people in repair and re-use skills.
Skill sharing is pivotal to what we do. We teach people how to repair and reuse their belongings rather than throwing them away and buying new, thus diverting useable goods from landfill and reducing carbon emissions. By empowering communities to repair and reuse, we also help to improve financial literacy and capabilities, and help people living in adverse circumstances to access free and affordable IT equipment.
What can you do at the Edinburgh Remakery?
- Buy quality, affordable refurbished IT equipment and electronics, and donate your old equipment to us to save it from going to waste
- Use our Free IT Disposal Service for Businesses to securely and conveniently dispose of unwanted equipment for your organisation
- COMING SOON – Book a 1:1 appointment for your broken IT equipment and electronics and our expert technicians will guide you through how to mend your belongings., or learn how to hand and machine sew in our 1:1 sewing sessions.
- Join one of our workshops and learn sewing, lino printing, book-binding, lampshade making, kintsugi, and more.
- Book your next party with us! We run private workshops and functions for birthdays, anniversaries, team building, the lot. Make your event extra special with our Bespoke Workshop Packages including food and drinks options.