What is the Edinburgh Remakery?
The Edinburgh Remakery is a social enterprise, community repair hub and second-hand shop based in the Leith area of Edinburgh.
Our vision is to create an alternative to a disposable society by making repair education accessible to all, to build a stronger, waste-free community and support vulnerable people within our city.
We run workshops and teach different repair techniques and skills around sewing and textiles, IT, phones and computers, and furniture and woodwork.
We also refurbish and upcycle second-hand furniture items, textiles, and IT equipment, rescuing these from becoming waste and giving them a new lease of life. We then sell these quality and affordable refurbished items at the Edinburgh Remakery.
What can you do at the Edinburgh Remakery?
- Buy quality, affordable second-hand furniture, homewares, IT equipment and electronics, and donate your second-hand items to us
- Join one of our workshops and learn sewing, book-binding, upholstery, woodwork, upcycling and finishing techniques, furniture repair, box-making, and more
- Hire out workbench space in our sewing area to work on your own projects for just £4/hour, including the use of all tools and equipment
- Book a 1:1 repair appointment for your broken IT equipment and electronics, clothes and textiles, or furniture
- Come along to our repair night every Thursday evening where we offer computer, IT, sewing and woodwork advice and repairs
- Become a member and join our growing community. Membership costs just £25 and will give you 10% off all workshop bookings and 5% off all items in store for a year
- Book out our entire woodwork studio or sewing space to run your own workshops for friends, family, or a team building day for your organisation. We can even arrange tutors to run the workshop for you and provide materials.