The Edinburgh Remakery is an award-winning environmental social enterprise committed to diverting waste from landfill, building a stronger community, and promoting a culture of repair and reuse. We repair, refurbish and recycle what others send to landfill, and we pass these repair skills onto others within the Edinburgh community through education. We are small but have a wide impact; in 2018 alone we diverted 60 tonnes from landfill and educated over 1,400 people in repair and re-use skills.
Skill sharing is pivotal to what we do. We teach people how to repair and reuse their belongings rather than throwing them away and buying new, thus diverting useable goods from landfill and reducing carbon emissions. By empowering communities to repair and reuse, we also help to improve financial literacy and capabilities, and help people living in adverse circumstances to access free and affordable furniture and IT equipment.
What can you do at the Edinburgh Remakery?
- Buy quality, affordable second-hand furniture, homewares, IT equipment and electronics, and donate your second-hand items to us
- Join one of our workshops and learn sewing, book-binding, upholstery, lampshade making, woodwork, upcycling and finishing techniques, box-making, and more.
- Book a 1:1 appointment for your broken IT equipment and electronics and our expert technicians will guide you through how to mend your belongings., or learn how to hand and machine sew in our 1:1 sewing sessions.
- Come along to one of our drop-in Repair Evenings every Thursday where we offer computer, IT, sewing and woodwork advice and repairs
- Book out our entire woodwork studio or sewing space to run your own workshops for friends, family, or a team building day for your organisation. Make your event extra special with our Bespoke Workshop Packages including food and drinks options.