The Edinburgh Remakery is a social enterprise, community repair hub and second-hand shop based in the Leith area of Edinburgh. Our vision is to create an alternative to a disposable society by making repair education accessible to all, to build a stronger, waste-free community and support vulnerable people within our city.
We do this by taking in unwanted second-hand goods and refurbishing and repairing them, giving them a new lease of life and selling these on at affordable prices or gifting them to people who need them most. We also run regular workshops in various repair techniques and skills around sewing and textiles, and furniture and woodwork, to empower people and give them the opportunity to learn to mend their own belongings, saving them money, giving them a brand new skillset, and helping the environment.
What can you do at the Edinburgh Remakery?
- Buy quality, affordable second-hand furniture, homewares, IT equipment and electronics, and donate your second-hand items to us
- Join one of our workshops and learn sewing, book-binding, upholstery, woodwork, upcycling and finishing techniques, furniture repair, box-making, and more.
- Hire out workbench space in our sewing area to work on your own projects for just £4/hour, including the use of all tools and equipment
- Book a 1:1 appointment for your broken IT equipment and electronics, or clothes and textiles, and our expert technicians will guide you through how to mend your belongings.
- Come along to our Repair Surgery every Thursday evening where we offer computer, IT, sewing and woodwork advice and repairs
- Become a member and join our growing community. Membership costs just £25 and will give you 10% off all workshop bookings and 5% off all items in store for a year
- Book out our entire woodwork studio or sewing space to run your own workshops for friends, family, or a team building day for your organisation. We can even arrange tutors to run the workshop for you and provide materials. Drop us an email for more details.