Work with us!
See the current vacancies below.
Starting Salary: £30,000-£40,000
39 hours a week.
Start date early 2018
This is a full-time position but we are open to exceptional candidates who wish to work a 4 day week paid pro-rata.
Remade in Edinburgh is an innovative, multi award-winning social enterprise which teaches repair skills across Edinburgh, campaigns for zero waste, and runs the Edinburgh Remakery, our community hub in Leith. We want to see a future where everyone has the skills to repair furniture, computers and clothes, and household goods are designed to last. The organisation was started up with £60 and a group of volunteers in 2011 and now has an annual turnover of over £200,000 and eight members of staff.
We are looking for a new leader to join us as Chief Executive as our current Founder/Director moves on to set up a global franchise of the successful Remakery model. The right person for this job is confident, inspiring and has a track record of being able to achieve great things with limited resources. They will be a great communicator, well versed in financial planning and reporting and be passionate about Remade’s vision of a zero waste future.
Application by CV and covering letter, stating why you would like the job and why you think you’re the right person for it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications 12 noon Monday 20th November 2017.
Interview date Thursday 23rd November 2017.
For an informal conversation about the role please contact Kendra Walsh on email@example.com or 07932 403326.
We will be assessing applications based on relevant experience and personal specifications (See next page).
Job Description and Personal Specification
Chief Executive of Remade in Edinburgh
This is a varied, fast-paced role and the successful candidate will:
- Identify ambitious growth plans for the organisation and clearly communicate how they will be achieved
- Think strategically and plan workflow accordingly, with limited resources and short run in times
- Be able to prepare / present budgets and forecasts, working with the board to achieve a sustainable future for the organisation
- Spot and secure new opportunities for partnerships and growth – specifically with a view to driving new donations of computers and furniture
- Build on existing income streams and generate new ones
- Be a spokesperson for the organisation in the press/media, at events and relevant government roundtables
- Uphold the organisation’s commitment to high quality across all its products and services
- Direct the effective marketing and sales of reused and repaired goods from the Remakery
- Continue increasing the high levels of social and environmental impact of our work
- Build an effective and committed team of staff, freelancers and volunteers
- Work according to principles of continual learning, innovating to achieve excellence across the customer and volunteer experience
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent negotiation skills
- At least 5 years’ experience working at a senior level
- A dynamic, positive attitude capable of motivating and persuading others
- A commitment to Remade’s values of community inclusion, equality and zero waste
- Strategic leadership skills
- The ability to drive change and create impact
- Creative problem-solving with the ability to work with very limited resources
- Experience writing and developing business plans and cashflows
The ability to demonstrate any of the following would be desirable but not essential:
- Retail experience
- Working in partnership with housing association and local government sectors
- Knowledge of and a strong network within the social enterprise sector in Edinburgh
- Experience of successful high value fundraising
- Experience of the waste and recycling sectors
- Experience of developing corporate partnerships
- Knowledge of HR policies and procedures
- Successful marketing activity
- Experience of driving organisational change