Part-time, 10-15 hours a week over 3 days, working Wednesdays, Thursday evenings, and Fridays
Remade in Edinburgh, an award winning social enterprise which runs the Edinburgh Remakery in Leith, is looking for a Woodwork Studio Coordinator.
This role will involve managing the woodwork area at the Edinburgh Remakery, carrying out general furniture repairs, inducting and supporting volunteers and new members, and working alongside the rest of the Remakery team to deliver excellent customer service and support our mission of creating a zero waste Edinburgh through teaching repair skills to all in the community, and selling affordable repaired and reused goods.
· Carrying out repairs and restorations of donated, second-hand furniture
· Coordinating and managing woodwork volunteers, assigning projects and offering guidance and support when needed
· General management of the woodwork studio, including keeping the area clean and tidy, and ensuring all tools and equipment are well maintained and in good working condition
· Carrying out volunteer and member inductions, assessing individual abilities, and explaining the running of the woodwork studio and health and safety guidelines
· Supervising members, offering advice and guidance when needed
· Liaising with the rest of the Edinburgh Remakery team to assess what work needs to be carried out
· Managing stock and materials, and arranging replenishment of these as required
· An enthusiastic, friendly, and creative personality, willing to contribute ideas to improve the services that Edinburgh Remakery offers
· In depth knowledge of woodwork and furniture repairs and restoration, and advanced use of woodwork hand tools and electrical equipment
· Good working knowledge of health and safety regulations in relation to woodworking tools and equipment
· Experience in managing and supervising others, and the ability to delegate tasks
· Ability to take charge and deal with any issues or problems in a calm and professional manner
· An awareness of current furniture and interior trends
· Fantastic interpersonal and communication skills, and a good team player
· Experience in training and supporting others
· A passion for teaching and encouraging repair and reuse to minimise waste
How to Apply:
Please send a CV and cover letter detailing how you believe you would be suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:55 on Sunday 9th July, marking the subject of the email ‘Woodwork Studio Coordinator Application’.