Thursday Repair Evenings
FURNITURE ~ IT & ELECTRONICS ~ TEXTILES
We run a free weekly drop-in Repair Evening every Thursday at the Edinburgh Remakery from 4:30-8:30pm.
The purpose of our Repair Evenings is to make repair services accessible to everyone in Edinburgh, helping people learn new valuable skills, gain confidence, and meet other like-minded individuals in our community.
Our Repair Evenings focus is on the repair of furniture, textile and clothing items, and IT equipment including laptops, phones, and tablets.
Furniture repairs – 4:30-8:30pm
Sewing & Textile repairs – 5:30-8:30pm
IT repairs – 6:00-8:30pm
This free textiles and furniture drop-in service is funded by the European Regional Development Fund and Zero Waste Scotland as part of the Zero Waste Leith project. Our IT drop-in service is run and funded solely by the Edinburgh Remakery.
If you can afford it, a suggested donation of £5 per IT item fixed is encouraged to enable us to keep running this service for those who can’t.
WHAT CAN WE HELP WITH?
- Our sewing tutors can help with repairs and minor alterations; such as replacing a button, sewing on a patch, mending a rip, and taking up trousers. We have a small supply of replacement buckles, buttons, Velcro, darning wool, and zips, but cannot guarantee to have the right size, type and colour.
- Our woodwork technician can help with repairs to small pieces of furniture, such as dining chairs, stools, and coffee tables. If you’re unable to bring your item in, or it is a larger piece of furniture, please take photos of the damaged section and we can offer advice and guidance.
- Our IT technicians can help with any kind of broken IT including laptops, desktops, tablets, smartphones, monitors, e-readers, Macs, Iphones, Ipads, Ipods, and game consoles.
- They cannot help with electrical goods such as irons, food processors, radios, hair straighteners, hoovers, etc, and are not currently able to teach people how to use software, for example programmes like WordPress, Photoshop, AutoCAD, etc.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- These Repair Evenings are a drop-in service, which means you do not have to make an appointment, just come along with your item and our team will help you from there!
- We run on a first-come first-serve basis and we’re open to everyone, so if it is a busy evening you may have to wait a short while. We advise that you arrive before 8pm.
- We love repeat customers, however we are limited for space so please only come along if there are specific items you need help with.