We believe that for too long, consumers have been blamed for not recycling, reusing
or repairing enough, when the products and services don’t exist.
Join us today and help create an alternative movement to end disposable culture.
Two positions available
Tues, Wed, Thurs (7.5 hours/day)
Send your CV and a cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 29th July, 23.59.
This role will involve collecting and delivering donated furniture and IT equipment through Edinburgh Remakery’s flagship community hub in Leith and their warehouse in Granton.
You will work alongside the second driver to collect from donors, and deliver purchased items to customers, as well as free starter packs to people coming out of homelessness. You will also take materials to the scrapyard and recycling centre as required.
You will have a passion for the work we do, and a good knowledge of furnishings and how to move with care and attention. You will have knowledge of safe manual handling techniques, and a working knowledge of current health and safety procedures for removals.
You will have excellent customer service skills, and an ability work under pressure, using your initiative to problem solve on a daily basis.
- Collecting donated furniture from offices, hotels and households across Edinburgh
- Delivering furniture to customers and recipients of starter packs to their homes at allocated times
- Maintaining order at Granton Warehouse – Edinburgh Remakery’s storage premises
- Maintenance of vehicle in line with leasing arrangement, and to a high standard of safety and cleanliness
- Carry out administrative duties associated with your role and for the organisation as required
- Full clean driving license and at least 5 years clean driving experience
- Experience driving Luton box sized vans
- An enthusiastic, friendly, and creative personality, willing to contribute ideas to improve the services that Edinburgh Remakery offers
- Some knowledge of woodwork and furniture repairs and restoration
- Good working knowledge of health and safety regulations in relation to removals and deliveries
- Ability to deal with any issues or problems head-on in a calm and professional manner
- Interpersonal and communication skills, and a good team player.