We believe that for too long, consumers have been blamed for not recycling, reusing
or repairing enough, when the products and services don’t exist.
Join us today and help create an alternative movement to end disposable culture.
We are hiring!
Please see the available vacancies bellow
Part-time, 10 hours a week over 2 days, Mon/Tues/Wed/Fri.
Starting Immediately. Temporary for 3 months with possibility of extension pending review.
This role will involve managing the woodwork area at the Edinburgh Remakery, carrying out general furniture repairs and restoration, inducting and supporting volunteers, managing preparations for workshops, holding 1:1 appointments and working alongside the rest of the Remakery team.
This role requires someone who can deliver excellent customer service and support our mission of creating a zero waste Edinburgh by sharing repair skills to all those in our community, and offering affordable repaired, refurbished, and reused goods.
For more information about the business please visit www.edinburghremakery.org.uk.
- Restoring and finishing donated, second-hand furniture, and completing repairs where needed
- Carrying out volunteer inductions, assessing individual abilities, and explaining the running of the woodwork studio and health & safety guidelines
- Coordinating and managing woodwork volunteers, assigning projects and offering guidance and support
- General management of the woodwork studio, including keeping the area clean and tidy, and ensuring all tools and equipment are well maintained and ready to use
- Leading 1:1 appointments, helping customers to repair furniture and woodwork items, providing advice and teaching new skills
- Preparing the studio for workshops and liaising with workshop tutors to ensure that the necessary materials and furniture pieces are ready
- Liaising with the rest of the Edinburgh Remakery team in person and by email to assess what work needs to be carried out
- Managing woodwork studio stock and materials, and arranging replenishment of these as required
- Any other duties as required
- An enthusiastic, friendly, and creative personality, willing to contribute ideas to improve the services that Edinburgh Remakery offers
- In depth knowledge of woodwork and furniture repairs and restoration, and advanced use of woodwork hand tools and electrical equipment
- Good working knowledge of health and safety regulations in relation to woodworking tools and equipment
- Experience in managing and supervising others, and the ability to delegate tasks
- Ability to take charge and deal with any issues or problems head-on in a calm and professional manner
- An awareness of current furniture and interior trends
- Interpersonal and communication skills, and a good team player
- A passion for teaching and supporting others, whilst encouraging repair and reuse to minimise waste
Please email cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 23:59 on Sunday 27 May.