The annual day of shopping madness is fast approaching as Black Friday looms, drawing customers in with promises of slashed prices, once-in-a-lifetime deals, and must-buys.
But be warned, a Which? Study on 2015 Black Friday offers revealed that shoppers might not be getting the jaw-dropping deals that they’re led to believe.
If you’re looking to do a bit of good with your money, take a look at these refreshing alternatives to the consumer madness, and make your Black Friday a Green Friday!
– Bright Friday is working with three fantastic independent brands donating 15% of all their sales to the charity, Doctors of the World, who offer essential healthcare to those in need around the world
– The outdoor gear and apparel retailer, Patagonia, is donating 100 percent of its profits from Black Friday sales to grassroots organisations working in local communities to protect the environmental health of our planet for future generations
– Follow these handy tips from the fab Hubbub on how to create a #BrightFriday:
– Resist the pressure of buying things you don’t want or even need. Remember, the best bargain is not buying stuff you didn’t want in the first place
– Rekindle love for what you already have
– Create memories rather than buying them by trying something you’ve always wanted to do
– Drop into your local second hand or charity shop and see what pre-loved treasures you can find. With new furniture and IT equipment delivered every single week here at The Remakery, we have something for everyone and for every budget!